We are currently seeking a detail-oriented Software Business Analyst to join our growing team. This individual will serve as a liaison between the customer, user community and the engineering team in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs; will possess a thorough understanding of the customers and users supported as well as the expertise in the products’ features, functionality, and capabilities; will provide complex analysis services, translating user needs into detailed specifications to allow engineering team to deliver an appropriate solution.
M2S, Inc. provides technology and services for the healthcare industry to manage clinical information and utilize it to improve the quality of patient care and reduce costs. Powered by our advanced technological infrastructure and years of experience working in a regulatory environment, M2S is the leader in enterprise healthcare management solutions.
Is this a good fit for you?
For you to be successful in this role, you should be:
- Innovative. You have a good imagination and you’re always thinking of new and interesting ideas to solve complex problems.
- Committed. Your belief is the “Service” side of SaaS and you commit to making customers happy.
- A collaborator. You thrive on interdisciplinary teams, and value different perspectives and high levels of communication and collaboration.
- Accountable. You do what you say and say what you do. You are a self-starter and deliver results.
You should also shine in these areas:
- Technical knowledge. You have the necessary technical knowledge for communicating with developers and testers on an even footing and understanding technical specifics and limitations of the product.
- Problem solving and analytical skills. You have extensive analytical skills in order to properly interpret and translate customer business needs into functional specifications.
- Communication skills. You have the know how to effectively collect information from a person and how to present it to another one. You can effectively communicate with a variety of different people in various positions across different organizations, including stakeholders, decision makers, developers, testers, and project management, etc
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with various teams, both internal and external, to analyse and understand end user needs and translate product requirements into specifications.
- Collect customer requirements and perform analysis for small to extra-large size projects.
- Analyze problems, develop solutions, highlight risks and dependencies, and resolve conflicts.
- Support the Product Owner in creating mock-ups, functional specifications, and acceptance testing as needed, and in reviewing requirements, proposing and documenting solution design and approach.
- Perform evaluation of products and analyze to understand product strengths and weaknesses in order to determine opportunities for enhancement and improvement.
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess cost/benefit, efficiency and technical viability of solutions to problems.
- Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between stakeholders and engineering team from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Create documentation on the existing system and maintain documentation which includes current state of system flow, sequence diagrams, architecture diagrams, etc.
- Document functional requirements for development activities for each successive platform development cycle.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects at once in a cross-functional role while ensuring delivery of planned initiatives on time with quality.
- Support leadership with analysis for decision making as needed, and quickly adjust and support changing priorities per business needs.
- Troubleshoot issues, as they arise, with our internal team and with clients.
- Document share knowledge and train others.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, IT, Information Systems, Engineering or a related discipline.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills: comfortable working with a wide range of personalities in different levels; and ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups and lead discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to cater your responses to your different audiences (technical and non-technical); deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations; communicate and follow up continuously (face-to-face then email, email then phone, etc.); not wait for information – go out and get it.
- Ability to grasp technical understanding of a project quickly, see the big picture and drive the project to completion.
- Ability to lead large, complex development project discussions with minimal assistance.
- Experience with supporting internal and external customers, and ability to manage expectations with different stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions while keeping management informed.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while providing high-quality work.
- Strong research, analytical, and troubleshooting skills, and ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Project management experience with running large-scale projects.
- Computer literacy, and Excel and Google Sheets wizardry.
- Experience with SQL queries and databases, and HTML/CSS knowledge.
- Experience with SaaS products/platforms.
- Experience in Agile Software Methodologies (Scrum certifications are a plus)
- Experience as a Business / Systems Analyst in a large applications team with requirements gathering and authoring technical specifications.
- Very organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Independent and motivated with the ability to take on multiple projects at one time and successfully manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm for driving success(es). Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company match
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Work/Life resources
- Employee life insurance
- Disability insurance