Physician Billing Partners is looking for a rock star Billing Support Representative to join our operations team. If you are dynamic, detail oriented, and skilled at multi-tasking, this position is for you! Our Billing Support Representative will Receive and help process medical claims and answer intake phone calls from customers. Communicate with Account Manager any problems with the completeness and accuracy of medical claims and payment data. Answer patient phone calls regarding account balances. Reconcile data processed with information from systems of record. Review delinquent patient ledgers and manage soft collection process.
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
REPORTS TO: Director, Revenue Cycle Management
STRUCTURE: Full Time, paid hourly
- Receive medical claim charges from providers and track and reconcile number of patients claims processed and number of patient visits
- Answer and receive/respond to incoming phone calls from patients
- Communicate with RCM manager any missing or incomplete claim data
- As needed, help post payments from paper EOBs
- Download ERA files and post to ledger
- Create tasks for denials and action items arising from payment posting
- Reconcile payments processed to EOB/ERA totals
- Research unpaid claims as directed by RCM
- As needed, help post adjustments to write-off AR balances with approval
- Contact delinquent patients to arrange payment plans or collect overdue balances
SKILLS & APTITUDES:
- Excellent phone manner and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to completing tasks. 10-key and touch-typing with high accuracy and speed.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) at an intermediate skill level.
- Extremely comfortable using computer applications and navigating websites and ability to quickly learn new computer programs (e.g. medical billing system).
- Respects the needs of others to complete their own tasks with minimal interruptions but also has inner drive to complete your own tasks within timelines by staying focused and asking for help when needed.
- Handles ambiguity and lack of clarity by completing what can be done by yourself and then scheduling time for follow-up with your supervisor to complete the tasks within timelines.
The candidate will also possess the following education or experience:
- Minimal educational background is a high-school diploma. Preference to medical coding certification and Associates/bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
Our office is located in West Seattle, and this is not a remote position. Candidate will have a work schedule of 8 am – 5 pm on the days responsible for answering the phone (2 – 3 days per week). On other days, the schedule can be a bit more flexible.
If you enjoy working with an energetic team in an exciting work environment, we encourage you to apply to join the PBP team. PBP provides physician billing and revenue cycle services for the healthcare industry.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company match
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Paid time-off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Work/Life resources
- Employee life insurance
- Disability insurance